Weekly Drop-In Beginner Tango Class
Students may join the weekly beginner class at any time, with no partner or pre-registration. The beginner class covers the same material as our Two-Day Argentine Tango Beginner Intensive, but at a more leisurely pace. Students should expect to attend this course for about eight weeks before moving on to our Advanced Beginner Level.
Topics covered include:
- Improvisation with simple steps (using "the grid" and the basic step, for example);
- Familiarity with the basic step as a "road map" for dancing tango;
- Basic technique for balancing, walking, ochos and other simple steps;
- An introduction to lead & follow;
- An introduction to tango music & musicality; and
- An introduction to navigating the social dance floor.
Cost: $10 (F/T students get 20% all of our classes)
Class day & time: Thursdays, 7-8 pm
Our beginner classes are taught by Kristin Balmer & Barbara Kountouzi.