Marcela Trape: Bio
Marcela Trape is a dancer, teacher and choreographer.
She graduated from the School of Ballet in Bahia Blanca, Argentina, where she grew up. She is the creator of the Body Awareness Method ®. She is the Director of her own dance studio at Av. Rivadavia 2530 in Buenos Aires. She is the author of the book, BAMGOTANGO - Body Awareness Method Applied to Tango Argentino, which was published in Belgium in 2009.
- 1979-1989: Trained as a dancer and dance professor at the School of Classical Dance, Bahia Blanca
- 1996-2000: Degree in Contemporary Dance - 4 years of the Superior National Institute María Ruanova I.U.N.A. (National University Institute of Arts)
- Scholarship (1994 & 1996): Foundation Torches for Improvement in Classical and Contemporary Dance in the City of Buenos Aires.
Marcela has been teaching dance for 29 years, and has been teaching the Body Awareness Method ® for twenty years. She has used her method to train what amounts to a "who's who" of important tango dancers, teachers and performers over the last two decades: Alejandra Gutty, Eugenia Parrilla, Fabian Salas, Mauricio Castro, Carla Marano, Laura Melo, Melina Brufman, Cinthia Fattori, José Garófalo, Eladia Córdoba, Beatriz Zuluaga, Andrés Amarilla, José Manrique, Natalia Pombo, and Solange Acosta.
She has provided specialized body training for tango theater performers to dancers, including: Pablo Inza, Esteban Moreno, Pancho Martinez Pey, Moira Castellano, Lucila Cionci, Valencia Batuik, and Claudia Códega.
2009-2017: Traveled to teach tango and Body Awareness Method throughout Europe
- France: Paris-Nantes- Bergerac- Meschers Grenoble-Strasbourg (2009-2010-2012-2014-2015-2016-2017)
- Germany: Bamberg-Nuremberg-Berlin-heidelberg (2009-2010-2012-2014-2015-2016-2017)
- Turkey: Istanbul (2004) -Adana (2015)
- Romania: Bucharest-Brasov-Transylvania (2012-2014)
- Bulgaria. Sofia-Varna (2009-2010-2014)
- Czech Republic: Prague
- Switzerland: Lousanne - Zurich (2009-2010), Bern-luzern (2017)
2009-2016: Hired by the Ministry of Culture of the Nation to give tango seminars throughout Argentina, including in Bahia Blanca, Benito Jurárez, and Torquist