Consider these questions to assess how studying the Body Awareness Method® may benefit your dance. Feel free to bring questions/issues into the classes.
1. Have you ever found that you were unable to perform a step or a movement, but weren’t sure why?
2. Do you suffer from bad posture?
3. Does your back sometimes hurt after dancing?
4. Do you have difficulty performing spirals/torsions?
5. Do you have trouble releasing a limb to execute a “boleo” or a “gancho”, for example?
6. Do you find it difficult to keep your balance?
7. Does having a person in front of you make you feel uncomfortable or interfere with your movement in any way?
8. Do you feel that you are not able to give your partner clear enough directions?
9. Do you find that you are not able to understand the directions your partner is giving you?
10. Does it take you a long time to pick up new steps?
11. Do you feel your dancing could be more elegant?
12. Do you tire quickly when dancing?